Denied VA Disability Benefits? Get the Answers You Need.
How Can I Apply for VA Benefits?
To file for VA Disability Benefits, you can apply:
- Online: You can file for benefits online through the Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP).
- By Mail: You can submit VA Form 21-526 by mail or bring it to your local VA Regional Office.
- By Phone: You can call the VA at 800-827-1000 and requesting an application form by mail.
What Information Will I Need to Apply?
When applying for VA Disability Benefits, the VA requires you document several pieces of information in your application. These include dependency records, discharge and separation papers, employment history, and any medical evidence supporting your disability claim.
How Can I Receive Veterans Benefits?
The VA adheres to a strict set of guidelines when determining if you or your family members are eligible for benefits. You may qualify for benefits if you are a:
- Veteran: As a veteran, you may be eligible for compensation, pension, or other benefits if you have a service-related disability—provided you were discharged from military service under any conditions other than dishonorable.
- Veteran Dependent: A veteran’s spouse, a former spouse who has not remarried, a veteran’s children, and even a veteran’s parents may be eligible to receive certain veterans benefits under certain conditions.
- Veteran Survivor: The surviving spouse, child, or parent of a deceased veteran may qualify for benefits. These include burial benefits, pensions, gratuity payments, and dependency or indemnity compensation.
Should I File an Appeal of My Claim?
While an applicant can file an appeal for any reason, most appeal a decision because they were either denied benefits for a disability they believe occurred during service or their disability is more severe than rated by the VA.
Trust Our Experience
Denied VA Disability benefits? Put experience on your side. Let Carter Mario Law Firm protect your rights. Call our experienced VA Disability Attorneys at 203-876-2711 today. The Carter Mario team offers decades of combined legal experience. We provide 24/7 access—and our exclusive Zero Fee Warranty. With Carter Mario, you don’t owe any attorneys’ fees unless we recover on your behalf. It’s that simple. Call 203-876-2711 to find out how Carter Mario can help you today.
Get Carter! Guaranteed Tough! Guaranteed Fast!