After a truck accident, you may be physically injured, emotionally scarred, and financially troubled. The time immediately following a truck accident is critical to your overall recovery. Carter Mario Law Firm suggests certain steps to help obtain the best outcome for your injury claim.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, trust Carter Mario Law Firm to help. Contact our team today at 203-876-2711 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
What Should You Do?
- Seek Medical Attention: Get help right away, even if you don’t believe you are seriously injured. Some injuries may be internal—while others may take time for symptoms to fully develop. Keep records of your care.
- Document The Crash: Gather contact information from the driver, trucking company, and any witnesses. If possible, take pictures of your crash scene and injuries. Write a description of events that led to the accident.
- Call A Lawyer: Trucking companies have many resources to protect their profits after accidents. Fighting them alone can be a challenge. An experienced truck accident attorney can help protect your rights under the law.
- Keep A Detailed Record: Note all expenses and associated costs related to your accident—such as medical bills, vehicle damage, lost wages, and other expenses. These records will establish your right to compensation.
Taking these steps will help your attorney build a solid case—and can help determine the full, fair compensation to which you may be entitled.
What Should You Avoid?
- Don’t Be Intimidated: You have the right to seek compensation for your injuries.
- Don’t Sign Anything: Don’t agree to a settlement without first speaking to a lawyer.
- Don’t Give In: Insurance adjusters may pressure you to settle for as little as possible.
- Don’t Delay: The longer you wait to file a claim, the greater the risk of losing evidence.
- Don’t Volunteer Information: If you are questioned, only provide requested details.
Trust Our Experience
When you or someone you love has been injured, you need experience on your side. Let Carter Mario Law Firm protect your rights. Just call 203-876-2711 today. The Carter Mario team offers decades of combined legal experience. We provide 24/7 access to our compassionate attorneys—along with our exclusive Zero Fee Warranty. With Carter Mario, you don’t owe any attorneys’ fees unless we recover on your behalf. It’s that simple. Call 203-876-2711 to find out what Carter Mario can do for you.
Get Carter! Guaranteed Tough! Guaranteed Fast!