Injured in a Truck Accident? Know What to Do Next.
After being injured in a truck accident, your most important responsibility is to seek medical help immediately. A truck accident can cause serious, potentially life-threatening injuries—all of which need to be treated and documented by healthcare professionals.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, trust Carter Mario Law Firm to help. Contact our team today at 203-876-2711 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
What are Your Next Steps?
After you have seen a doctor, there are other steps you can take to help strengthen your injury claim after a truck accident. These include:
- Notify Your Insurance Company: You should report your accident and any injuries sustained to your own insurance company. However, do not speak to or sign anything from the other driver’s insurance company.
- Detail the Accident: Take notes about how the accident occurred. Include specific details—including what lane you were in, the weather conditions, the time of day, the traffic flow, and other specifics that you may remember.
- Photograph Injuries and Property Damage: Before seeking any repairs, photograph any damage your vehicle sustained in the crash. If no doctor photographed your injuries, make sure to photograph them yourself.
- Track Your Treatment and Recovery: Write down any medications you’re prescribed—including dosage. List all doctors you see—as well as any additional treatment or rehabilitation you require during your healing.
- Gather Contact Information: If possible, get the name and phone number of the trucking company. Get the driver’s name, address, phone number, and insurance information. Get contact information from all available witnesses.
- Obtain a Copy of the Police Report: If a police officer was present at the scene of your accident, they should have filed an accident report with their department. You are entitled to obtain a copy of the full report from the police.
- Retain a Lawyer: An experienced personal injury attorney can help protect your rights and guide you through an accident-related injury claim process. Their guidance can help you obtain the full compensation you need.
Trust Our Experience
When you or someone you love has been injured, you need experience on your side. Let Carter Mario Law Firm protect your rights. Just call 203-876-2711 today. The Carter Mario team offers decades of combined legal experience. We provide 24/7 access to our compassionate attorneys—along with our exclusive No Fee Warranty. With Carter Mario, you don’t owe any attorneys’ fees unless we recover on your behalf. It’s that simple. Call 203-876-2711 to find out what Carter Mario can do for you.
Get Carter! Guaranteed Tough! Guaranteed Fast!