Early, regular screening for Colorectal Cancer can prevent deaths. With early diagnosis, colon cancer has a 90% percent cure rate—but only about 40% of these cancers are diagnosed early. Any delay in diagnosing or treating colon cancer can have tragic consequences.
Recommended Screening Test Schedule
The American Cancer Society recommends both men and women adhere to one of the following testing schedules beginning at age 50:
- Yearly: Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT)
- Yearly: Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT)
- Every Five Years: Flex Sigmoidoscopy
- Every Five Years: Barium Enema
- Every Five Years: CT Colonography
- Every Ten Years: Colonoscopy
Any positive tests should be followed with a colonoscopy. The American Cancer Society also recommends people talk to their doctor about starting colorectal cancer screening earlier or undergoing screening more often if they have any of the following risk factors:
- A personal history of colorectal cancer or polyps
- A family history of cancer or polyps under age 60
- A history of chronic inflammatory bowel disease
- A history of hereditary colorectal cancer syndrome
Common Forms of Negligence or Malpractice
Unfortunately, a delay in diagnosing Colon Cancer can be due to a doctor’s negligence. Some reasons include:
- Failure to perform appropriate examinations or testing
- Failure to test when a patient reports potential symptoms
- Failure to follow up on results of screening examinations
- Failure to recommend appropriate treatment options
- Failure to follow up and communicate with the patient
If you have suffered serious harm caused by a delayed cancer diagnosis, trust Carter Mario Law Firm to help. Contact our team today at 203-876-2711 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
Trust Our Experience
When you or someone you love suffers any type of harm due to medical negligence, you need experience on your side. Let Carter Mario Law Firm protect your rights. Call our Medical Negligence Lawyers at 203-876-2711 today. The Carter Mario team offers decades of combined legal experience. We provide 24/7 access—and our exclusive No Fee Warranty. With Carter Mario, you don’t owe any attorneys’ fees unless we recover on your behalf. It’s that simple. Call 203-876-2711 to find out what Carter Mario can do for you.
Get Carter! Guaranteed Tough! Guaranteed Fast!