In a wrongful death case, a beneficiary such as a husband, wife, child, parent, heir, or next-of-kin may be entitled to damages or monetary compensation for the loss of a loved one. The damages you receive from the party responsible for your loved one’s death are not intended to punish the at-fault party for their negligent or careless actions.
They are intended to compensate you for your loved one’s injuries and losses. The compassionate wrongful death attorneys at Carter Mario Law Firm can help you pursue the compensation to which you are entitled.
Types of Damages
In the state of Connecticut, statutes govern the types of damages to which you may be entitled to in a wrongful death case. These damages are grouped into two categories:
- Economic Damages: These cover actual expenses incurred as a result of the death, such as medical or funeral expenses
- Non-Economic Damages: These are costs that are not tangible, such as pain and suffering or diminished quality of life
Under Connecticut law, damages that may be available to you as the beneficiary of a wrongful death claim may include:
- Reasonable and Necessary Expenses: Damages for medical, funeral, and burial expenses
- Loss of Earning Capacity: Damages for the loss of your loved one’s income contribution
- Loss of Capacity to Enjoy Life: Damages for the decedent’s loss of quality of life
- Compensation for Death: Damages related to the actual loss of your loved one’s life
- Pain and Suffering: Damages for pain and suffering the decedent suffered before death
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence or carelessness of others, trust Carter Mario Law Firm to help. Contact our team today at 203-876-2711 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
When someone you love dies due to the negligence of others, you need experience on your side. Let Carter Mario Law Firm protect your rights. Just call 203-876-2711 today. The Carter Mario team offers decades of combined legal experience. We provide 24/7 access to our compassionate lawyers—along with our exclusive Zero Fee Warranty.
With Carter Mario, you don’t owe any attorneys’ fees unless we recover on your behalf. It’s that simple. Call 203-876-2711 to find out what Carter Mario can do for you.
Get Carter! Guaranteed Tough! Guaranteed Fast!