What Are the Different Types of Burn Injuries?
A burn injury can result from many seemingly simple activities—such as cooking or just lighting a candle. These simple burns typically inflict little pain, produce no scarring, and seldom require medical attention. More severe burns, however, can cover a large area of the victim’s body. Damage can penetrate several layers of skin—and the complications can often be severe.
Burn Injuries by Degree
The Mayo Clinic divides burn injuries into three levels or degrees based on their severity. Each has their own symptoms, treatment protocols, and projected healing times. They include:
- Symptoms: Slight swelling, redness, and mild to moderate pain
- Treatment: Cool area with water to reduce pain; cover with bandage
- Healing Time: Most minor burns heal within a week
- Symptoms: Deep redness, blistering, possible infection, intense pain
- Treatment: Cool area; clean, sterilize, cover with gauze; requires medical care
- Healing Time: Two to eight weeks, depending on severity
- Symptoms: Black, charred, and dead skin; loss of sensation in affected area
- Treatment: Affected skin must be surgically replaced with skin grafts
- Healing Time: Ongoing medical treatment requires several months
At Carter Mario Law Firm, we’re familiar with burn injuries. We understand the impact they can have on a victim’s life. If you or someone you love has suffered a severe burn injury, you may be able to receive compensation for medical bills and other losses.
If you have suffered severe burn injuries in an accident, trust Carter Mario Law Firm to help. Contact our team today at 203-876-2711 to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation.
Trust Our Experience
When you or someone you love has been injured, you need experience on your side. Let Carter Mario Law Firm protect your rights. Just call 203-876-2711 today. The Carter Mario team offers decades of combined legal experience. We provide 24/7 access—and our exclusive No Fee Warranty. With Carter Mario, you don’t owe any attorneys’ fees unless we recover on your behalf. It’s that simple. Call 203-876-2711 to find out how Carter Mario can help you today.