Types of Burns
Carter Mario Injury Lawyers Is Here for You
Small, accidental burns from everyday activities, such as cooking or lighting a candle, are usually mildly to moderately painful, produce no blisters, and don't require any medical attention. But when a burn penetrates the skin or covers a large area of the body, the complications can be severe.
At Carter Mario Injury Lawyers, we're familiar with the degrees of burn injuries, and we know how much of an impact they can have on your life. If you or someone you love suffered a burn injury, you may be able to receive compensation for your medical bills and other losses-and we can help you get it.
Injured? Call (203) 876-2711 to request a free initial consultation.
Burn Classification Levels
Burns are divided into three categories based on severity, and each has its own treatment protocol. The Mayo Clinic recommends treating each type of burn as follows:
- Symptoms – Slight swelling, redness, and mild to moderate pain
- Treatment – Run cool water over affected area to reduce pain; cover with a bandage
- Healing time – Most minor burns heal within a week
- Symptoms – Deep redness, blistering, possible infection, intense pain
- Treatment – Cool burned area; clean, sterilize, and cover with gauze; usually requires medical care
- Healing time – Two to eight weeks depending on severity
- Symptoms – Black, charred, and dead skin; loss of sensation in affected area
- Treatment – Immediate medical attention; affected skin must be surgically removed and replaced with skin grafts; can affect muscles, bones, and internal organs
- Healing time – Several months; requires ongoing medical treatment and skin grafts
Get Help for Your Burn! Call Our Connecticut Personal Injury Attorneys.
Second and third-degree burns can lead to serious complications, including tissue and organ damage, and even death. Burns that have penetrated the top layer of skin always require medical attention, as burns can sometimes get worse in the hours and days after the initial injury. Our Connecticut burn injury attorneys at Carter Mario Injury Lawyers make sure our clients get the help they need. When you call us, we'll make sure you get the proper treatment for your injuries, and if you can't make it to our office, we'll come to you. It's our goal to help you recover from your injury.
For caring legal services, please give us a call today.