Attorney Megan Boorsma received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from North Carolina State University. She went on to receive her Juris Doctor from Elon University School of Law, where she also served on Elon Law Review and Elon’s Moot Court Board. Upon graduation, she was selected for the national honor society, the Order of Barristers, for demonstrating exceptional skill in trial advocacy, oral advocacy, and brief writing.
Prior to joining Carter Mario, Attorney Boorsma worked as a civil litigator in New Haven. She has experience advocating for injured clients at all stages of litigation, as well as experience handling insurance defense cases as outside counsel.
Attorney Boorsma lives in New Haven and is very active in the community. She is a dedicated supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, and regularly donates, fundraises, and participates in local events to support their cause. In her free time, she also enjoys reading, yoga, and drawing.
Honors, Awards, Associations, & Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- New Haven Bar Association
- The Order of Barristers
- Regent University Hassell National Moot Court Competition, Best Overall Brief & Best Petitioner’s Brief
- Intramural Moot Court Competition, Best Brief Award
- 2020 Super Lawyers Rising Star