At Carter Mario Injury Lawyers, we are committed to supporting higher education opportunities through our CarterCares initiative. This year, we’ll award our 14th Annual CarterCares Scholarship to one (1) high school student who will be entering college in the Fall of 2019. This student will be someone who gives back to their community and who is interested in pursuing a career in the field of law. In addition to a $2,000 scholarship, the winner will receive a new laptop and a paid summer internship with our firm!
2018 Scholarship Banquet
We’re not just dedicated to getting our clients the money they deserve, we also strive to better the lives of our youth. These five high school seniors embody the honor, dedication and integrity necessary to become exceptional young leaders. Carter Mario Injury Lawyers thanks our exceptional CarterCares Scholarship winners and their families for a wonderful banquet to end the school year. CarterCares award five high school seniors a total of $10,000 in scholarships. Students were selected based on their academic merits, extra-curricular activies and volunteer work for charities such as Guilford High School’s Unity Club, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Fishing with Vets, New Haven Reads and Special Olympics.
We Volunteered at 2017 Winners’ Charities
Our summer charity outing was off the hook! Experience the wonderful work that
Take a Vet Fishing does for our veterans in this video.
Special thanks to the Take a Vet Fishing crew for showing our firm how to fish, but more importantly, how to give back to veterans who nearly lost their lives for our freedom.
To find out more about Take a Vet Fishing, visit
2018 Scholarship Winners
- Cheshire High School – Cheshire, CT
- Attending: American University in Washington, D.C.
- Charity Involvement: Project Backpack
- Notre Dame Catholic High School – Fairfield, CT
- Attending: Assumption College in Worcester, MA
- Charity Involvement: Closer to Free
- New Fairfield High School – New Fairfield, CT
- Attending: The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.
- Charity Involvement: Crutches 4 Kids
- Derby High School – Derby, CT
- Attending: Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT
- Charity Involvement: Mental Health America
- Cooperative Arts & Humanities High School – New Haven, CT
- Attending: Central Connecticut State University
- Charity Involvement: Life Haven